My blog serves record that I am an incurable insomniac. Lately, it's been getting bad again (doesn't help that I got the flu on vacation this past week). "Coughing up a lung" is not meant to be literal, right?..
So, here's a top 10 for you... 10 Thinks I Think About (when I should be sleeping)...
10) It's now 3am. My alarm was set for 7am. That means I can really snooze # number of times before I'm late to work.9) I've got 2 hours of Scrubs on TiVO. Why don't I get up and watch some of those episodes again? That Doctor Cox guy is hilarious.
8) Hey, I should totally get on Twitter and harass @Jorriss. The beeping may wake him up. That'll teach him to pick on little ol' innocent me.
7) It's midnight in California. Maybe Steve Jobs just released some new gizmo in the past couple hours that I'll of course want immediately (since I'm a fanboy). I better preorder that sucker NOW before the rest of the world finds out... Huh. Apple's website looks like it did earlier. Maybe I should click refresh. Again. Again. Again. Again.
6) I miss Beowulf.5) I don't care what people say. The 3am SportsCenter is so much better than the ones that people watch earlier. The editing so much tighter during the late night shift. (Think about it, then think about it some more...)
4) Unfortunately, logic does not always hold true. Dora the Explorer is just as uninteresting at 3am as it is during the day. However, the anticipation of Swiper swiping (or not swiping) is enough to keep me awake. Swiper, you've stolen my sleep once again.3) Maybe if I log on Basecamp and assign a bunch of responsibilities to the (volunteer) Media Staff right now they'll actually do them... Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either...
2) How am I supposed to keep up on Montel Williams if I don't stay up to watch his infomercials? A guy needs his Montel fix one way or another...
1) What if I write some ridiculous blog it will make me tired enough to go to sleep? Nope, that didn't work either.
Maybe this'll help... Matthew 6:27-34