I'm making myself become a stickler of details. Our staff and volunteers work hard to create the elements of the services, and I would HATE for something to be not executed because we didn't check ahead of time.
Below are the 10 Commandments of the Walkthrough, the 10 things that we check ON THE DAY OF our services:
- Thou shalt check how loud the band is.
- Thou shalt check all "talking mics" (teaching mic, campus pastor mic, backup mic).
- Thou shalt check lyric arrangements and backgrounds in ProPresenter.
- Thou shalt check the sermon notes, manuscripts, slides and insert.
- Thou shalt check all In-service videos (countdowns, pre-sermon videos, illustrations, announcements, etc).
- Thou shalt check the verbal announcements, making sure that all slides are present.
- Thou shalt check the pre-service announcement loop, making sure all announcements are in place.
- Thou shalt check all transitions within your service (worship to teaching, teaching to commitment song, etc.)
- Thou shalt check video teaching, confirming in-point, out-point, and audio level.
- Thou shalt check your watch, ending all rehearsals 20 minutes prior to the services. Clear stage of unnecessary items to allow for a clean, professional look onstage.