Email is really the bane of most companies/organizations' existence. No, not kidding. If you've ever had to deal with Blacklisting, Spam Filtering, Mass Emailing... you know where I'm coming from. It was one (of many) reasons why I'm no longer doing eBeliever.
After seeing the headaches (and dealing with the latter part of some of them) I started pushing to move CF email and other connectivity apps to Google Apps. GMail, Google Cal, Google Docs, Google Talk, etc... Fortunately, I didn't have to push very hard.
Very excited. Other than moving CF's communications to the leader in global communications, this will make our lives easier.
* Easier to access info from home, multisite locations, other office locations, anywhere!
* Electronic collaboration! Don't have to deal with printing on paper to proof!
* Scheduling/Appointments now on a platform that works on multiple Operating Systems (Mac & PC) - Microsoft? Who's that?
* More options for accepting credit cards online (25% of our CF: Live Preorders came from online transactions)
* Intranet-based information located on an Internet-based page... with integration of ACS database!
The best part is, as Google gets better, so will we. Okay, that's not the best part. The best part is the six gigs worth of server space that Google gives EACH EMAIL USER for free. Yes, free.
Honestly, if you are any sort of organization that does any sort of communication online... I have no idea why you don't do this. Check out Google Apps Organization page for more information.
CF Miami + Google's Launch happens this wknd.