Yes, yes. I'm not blogging regularly. I am still alive. I am back from vacation. I have not run out of things to say. I do still love my readers. I have, drumroll please... been busy. I know, I can't believe it either.
2008 is the year of Jeff the Runner... and sometimes I'm running so quick I don't have a chance to get my collective thoughts together to blog. So basically this post is me making excuses for not posting, and once I get those excuses aired, I can get back to posting. Kosher?
10 Things Stopping Me From Blogging Regularly
10) Pop Goes The Church: I was selected to review a pre-release of Tim Steven's new book, Pop Goes The Church. Gotta tell you, I'm loving it. If I stopped blogging long enough to write a book, this would be the book. Tim is the Executive Pastor of Granger Community Church (a church I admire) and it's cool to hear his perspective on how the church can use POPular Culture to reach out to the unchurched. Tim, this is awesome stuff! (More coming soon once I finish it...)
9) Anchor Harbor, Way Station, and Revolution @ Downtown and Redland: we are REALLY trying to have one big PUSH to finish off the age-graded worship venues by this wknd. It'll be close. Left on my plate are final tweaks of the Dwntwn Adult Worship Center, and all modifications of the Redland Adult Worship Center. (We're integrating video teaching into the Redland Worship Center, which is always a joy! Big fan of ProVideoSync! Thanks guys!)
8) Saliva: Wiping the drool off my chin after looking at the new Macbook Air. Yes, it will be mine... (and no, Saliva was not referencing Saliva, although "Ladies and Gentlemen" has been repeating on the nano for weeks.)
7) Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork: While the bookstore ran great while I was on vacation... uh, the backoffice is now swimming in paperwork. Now that 2007 is over and 2008 is starting, yeah, let the chaos begin!
6) Princess on TV: I discovered I still owned a Nintendo Wii. Broke out a video game I hadn't played in a year (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess). Awesome gameplay. I miss video games. It's so easy for me to mentally check out of my own environment and become enveloped into somewhere else...
5) Another Vacation: I needed a vacation from the vacation after my vacation...
4) Late nights: Seems like I've had a lot of late night meetings at Christ Fellowship as well as the bookstore. Nothing serious, but I really haven't been home much.
3) Check, please: To Do Lists, or the lack of one in the iPhone. Is anyone else confused why Apple doesn't put a to-do list application on it's iPhone. I mean COME ON! The iCal application can handle "To-Do" items, why can't the friggin iPhone! Every other gripe I have Steve Jobs has fixed. Steve, man up! I've got ten thousand things to do and I need your miracle device to help me do them.
2) CFPB - I'm loving being back on the Palmetto Bay Campus. Sammy, Hector, and Ammy have been great to work with, and I love helping directly create four worship experiences every weekend. Thanks for letting me be part of the team!
1) "__ ___ _____ ____ ____": Let's be honest, I got nothing left to say. After all, to quote Landon (CF Audio Guy), "Dude, no one reads your blog!"
With that being said, let's get back to our normal programming...